Sunday, February 22, 2009

Team in Training

I did it! Today I joined the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. As I train for the Seattle Half Marathon, I'll be raising money to combat blood cancer. It's a great organization and I decided that this is a much better reason to train for the half marathon than just my own curiosity to see if I could do it. Now I'll be running for so many more people than just myself.

Here's a video that explains the program. Very, very cool:



Please help me get to my goal of raising $4000! Here's a link to my fundraising page:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/mn/rnrseatl09/rmweaver

Check back here often - I'll be updating this blog with progress on my training and my fundraising efforts. Thanks so much! Please believe me when I say that I can't do this without you!!

No comments: