Sunday, June 28, 2009

We finished!




We did it! Sean and I both finished the half marathon yesterday (one of us much faster than the other, but hey! I still finished and ran the whole thing). Sean finished in an unbelievable 1:34. I came across the finish line at 2:19.

I'll be honest - it was a lot harder than I expected and I was a LOT more sore last night than I expected but I did it! The hills did me in. Didn't train much with hills in Minnesota! But the weather was absolutely perfect and the route was so beautiful.

It was an amazing experience to run with 25,000 other people. I've never done anything like it. After meeting the Team in Training crew at 4am (yeah!) we headed down to the start line in Tukwila. People just milled about for a couple hours and it was an amazing atmosphere. Everyone seemed to just be really excited to be there an definitely anxious to get started.

They started us in corrals - there were 36 total. I was back in corral 20 with 700 of my closest friends. It took almost 30 minutes for us to even get up to the start line.

I took a bunch of photos with a disposable camera so I'll get those developed ASAP and share them here too.

Here are some pictures from the day. (More to come soon!) :




























No comments: