Monday, March 02, 2009

On my playlist



I've discovered an essential piece of running equipment - my iPod. I don't know that I could run without it. You know how just the right song can get you moving?  Well, I created this playlist for my very first 5k and I've used it a ton since then.  These songs just keep me going and I swear, I run faster.  (And yes, this is the trusty old school iPod I run with.  It's pretty indestructible.)

I have multiple playlists set up and thought I'd share a few of the essential songs that keep me going, especially when I've been confined inside by the Minnesota weather, running on the treadmill.  (The links will take you to iTunes.)

My 5K playlist
Paper Planes - MIA
Praise You - Fatboy Slim
Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill) - Wyclef Jean
Just a Ride - Jem
Feelin' Alright - Joe Cocker
Wonderful Night - Fatboy Slim
Shake Ya Tailfeather - Murphy Lee, Nelly & P.Diddy

And for the strong finish ...
The Final Countdown - Europe   (It's my guilty pleasure song - cheesy yes, but the beginning of the song is perfect for the end of the run!)

What are your get up and move songs?


1 comment:

The Truth Is Tricky... said...

"Cadences of the U.S. Armed Forces"