Monday, March 23, 2009

Woo hoo! First major fundraising goal MET!!


I set a goal to raise $1000 by the end of March and it has been crushed! As of today, we've raised $1281! Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed. I am so humbled by your generosity.

Every dollar counts and gets us all one step closer to the ultimate goal - making a real impact in the fight against cancer.

I'm finding that there is at least a couple of weeks of lag time in getting the checks updated to the "official" fundraising site, so I'm adding my own wall of fame/gratitude here on my site. So, one goal down - just a couple more to go. Next up - the halfway point ($2000) by the recommitment date, which is April 17th.

As for the training plan, it's ramping up! I got sassy this weekend while I was home visiting family and decided to go run the Dundee Hills. Stupid idea. I was completely gassed after 1.25 miles but somehow managed to keep going until 4 miles (on level ground, of course).

Big team run this weekend - 8 miles! It will be the longest I've run yet ...

No comments: